This is a post about basketball. It is a post involving how I am preparing to make the Junior Varsity. Ok. This is the key. I shoot lots of shots around the key every day. My process:
- I warm up by just shooting around inside the paint. Back towards the hoop, I just turn and shoot. At least 20 times, just for warm up.
- I do dribbling exercises. Looking straight foward, I pass the ball from hand to hand in a figure eight around my legs, or I dribble in a figure eight around my legs.
- I stretch.
- Then I do my form shooting. I shoot at five spots around the key: The block and the line behind the line behind the block (on both sides), and the free throw line. I have to make at least 10 at each spot, and shoot at least 20. In between each place, I sprint a 25-foot distance back and forth 12 times. I record all my makes and misses in a nootebook.
- I do 20 layups on the right. I have to make at least 18.
- I shoot 10 times from the top of the arc. I don't have a minimum make level, because I don't want to overwork myself shooting distance (the further away from the basket you are, the more there is a breakdown of fundamental technique).
- I do 20 layups on the left. I have to make at least 18.
This post was extra boring and unfunny. I just thought you might have been curious.
You probably weren't.