Friday, May 27, 2011

It Ain't No Thing

   Song of the Day: Demon Days (Gorillaz)
   Just a boring ol' update.  School is out. We technically have it today, but I finished all my finals on Wednesday so I was like, "Fuck it."  Even if I wanted to, I probably couldn't have.  I sprained my wrist on Wednesday, and it hurt.  It's not bad anymore, but I still couldn't go out and play basketball.
   Wanna hear how it happened?  Well, we went to play ball like usual on Wednesday, but there were some other kids there.  They seemed a bit younger, but they were a full team.  They were running through plays with their coach.  After awhile, the coach asked us if we wanted to play a quick 5-on-5 game.  We agreed.  They smashed us.  Like, bad.  None of us could score, and we don't know at all how to play defense, having never really been on a team.
   But I hurt my wrist getting a block.  My final stats for the game: two rebounds, two turnovers, and a block.  But it was a beautiful block.  It went straight to Miguel and ended up as a couple of points.  But yeah.
   You, know, I never really gave credit to people who hurt their non-dominant hand.  When my friends broke their arms in the past, I'd be like, "Well, at least you didn't hurt the one you write with!"  But I've found it shockingly hard the past couple of days to do things one-handed.  Like opening bottles.  I have to hold it awkwardly in my elbow while I open it.
   In other news, good ol' Blizzard has sent me a free trial of Cataclysm.  I'm sitting at 79 right now, and I'm not sure if I wanna do some more Lich King content or jump right into Cata.  I'm thinking the latter.  I'd like to start doing the end-game content that other people are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment