Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fuck damn and shit

The pattern of this blog:

1. Be mundane
2. Do something stupid
3. Be a loser and blog about it
4. Be a bigger loser and make fun of yourself for being a loser
5. Be mundane

Lather, rinse, repeat.
   I mentioned a while back that I wanted to find a focus of this blog. I thought I'd just show an example of what I mean. A favorite blog of mine is The Android's Closet. It focuses on video games; video game culture, news, etc. Most things related to video games can be found on The Android's Closet. This common theme, in tandem with great writing by Mr. Adequate and Pike (of Aspect of the Hare fame) makes it a truly enjoyable blog to read, especially since it's updated regularly.
   This is the standard that I want to get to. A regularly updated blog with interesting, related content, that also has a devoted fanbase and good writing. The problem is, I'm not sure how to get there. My life is equal parts Pokemon, basketball, art, and internet, but I don't feel that I'm interested in (or knowledgable about) any of those subjects enough to consistently write about them.

   Was this a good post? In depth, simple, no humor but also no feeling-sorry-for-yourself-suckiness?

EDIT: Hey guys, I am removing all uses of the word "fag" on this blog; I recently received a promotional offer, and though they have said nothing on this subject, I feel that I should try to appear a bit more professional. So I thought this would be the right move, especially because I actually condone gay rights.

1 comment:

  1. Just write a diary thing with art
    Like Books of Adam and Hyperbole and a Half
    Also,
    I KILL FAGS
    |
    |
    |
    ___
    |

    ReplyDelete