Friday, September 9, 2011

crap

shit i have a blog
   I'm sick today. Huh. That's how this blog started. That was like half a year ago. Shit.
   Okay, so. I've never mentioned this here (or really anywhere), but I am a huuuuuuuuuge sucker for a few types of plots. Or plot themes. Or whatever. I really like closure, which is why the whole "full circle" thing is kinda cool to me. That's partially why I'm such a huge fan of The Alchemist, the ending comes full circle.
   The other one is time travel plotlines. Especially when the characters do something that has an unexpected effect on the present, or when they end up meeting themselves. Even though that's kinda (read: really) overdone, I dunno. I just really like it. The passage of time is something that is hugely fascinating to me.
   In relation to that, I really, really, hate the feeling of nostalgia. Looking through old photos or my drawings gets me every time. For Christ's sake, I'm starting to get sad just thinking about nostalgia. That's why I write letters to myself.
   Oh, I've never mentioned that, either? Well, it's a pretty common thing, often done at small schools to remind students that they change over the course of the year. My freshman English teacher, Mr. Boatman, also had us do it. He said that he writes a new letter to himself every year. I think that's pretty cool. Someday, when I grow up, I'd love to have a collection of letters that very clearly show my evolution over time.
   That, of course, reconnects to the fact that the passage of time is very interesting to me.
   I should do posts like this more often. I don't lead a very exciting life, but my mind is weird as fuck.

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty faggy post.
    "I write letters to myself"
    "I don't do much, but my mind is weird as fuck :)"

    Smilies added to make you realize that that could be written in helvetica over a bad photo of a scene girl lying in the grass.

    ReplyDelete