Friday, April 22, 2011

dese bitches cannot be real

Song of the day: Limousine (Wax)
   Ok, so. Here I am to talk about Impossible Creatures. Now, this was a 2002 Microsoft RTS game. It received great praise from critics, but sold very poorly. It revolved around the creative idea of combining animals to make an army of genetic monsters. It was always overshadowed by fellow Microsoft RTS Age of Mythology.
   This game is fantastic. I reinstalled it the other day, and have barely stopped playing. for being nine years old, the graphics and sound are great. The campaign is terrible, but the simple Player vs. Computer mode offers enough game by itself. It's a shame Microsoft no longer supports the online servers, as I never got the chance to play online as a kid.
   I was never very good, and I'm still not, but hey. This game is still fucking god-awesome. Can't get enough. My favorite unit is a Chimp/Elephant. Late-game artillery is totally beast, and I'm a sucker for the Pack Hunter/Herding combo. It has bad eyesight, but bitch, who needs good eyesight when you're a rock-throwing elephant?
   Who else wants a sequel?

No comments:

Post a Comment